Here's your gardening checklist for March! There's plenty to do in the garden, now spring is approaching fast...
General Garden Maintenance Tasks
- Your lawn will begin to produce new growth very soon, so keep an eye out and be ready with your lawnmower at hand! We always recommend re-cutting the edges too.
- Take a little time to replant your indoor pots of bulbs into sparse borders. Be sure to water well and use a liquid feed for the ultimate boost.
- Prune out branches on trees/shrubs that have been damaged by the winter weather.
- Don't forget to keep bird feeders topped up- it's not long until the breeding season!
- Be sure cut your dogwoods, and willows right down to their base to promote a burst of new growth in the new growing season.
- Pick of the developing seed heads on spring bulbs, but ensure you leave the foliage to die back on its own.
- Sow wildflower seeds to produce your very own mini meadow!
- Finish up pruning any roses- do this at the beginning of March, when the plants are still dormant.
- Tidy up your garden borders, and remove any weeds. Ensure you top this off with some mulch to suppress them from growing back as much as possible.
- Scatter some fertiliser over your flowerbeds, and around any hedges/shrubs, to encourage further growth during spring.
Now, that's only a few tasks listed! There sure is plenty to do in the garden this month, as we prepare our gardens for the ultimate spring/summer show.
Who else can't wait to see spring life unveil itself, once again?!